Here I am with this past month's embroidery journal project!
So this represents one of the branches that hang down, filled with leave turning all sorts of beautiful shades of red, orange, and yellow. I painted the background with watercolors. I was happy with the way it looked. I wanted to have the feeling of the autumn sun lighting up the leaves. For this project, I just started with an idea, I didn't make a pattern or any lines on the fabric.
I picked out a few threads that I thought might be interesting to use, and among those I had the brown threads I picked up at the flea market. It's a bunch of very thin threads all twisted together. No idea what the thread is for, maybe weaving, but it made a great branch. I couched them down and left the ends loose to give the feeling of even smaller branches.
This one was fun! I'm off now to go out in the fall sunshine in search of my next project inspiration!