Friday, November 30, 2012

December 2012 Journal Project

It's that time again! The final project for the embroidery journal project for the year. I feel this project brings me full circle, but I'm going to save the year review for another post. For now I will focus on this project!
This is after a little drawing I did for our scrap book journal. We are busy catching up from last year, so I had out some photos from Christmas 2011.

Every year the family gathers to celebrate the holiday, and we get a visit from Santa. I don't know about the santa that visits your family, but the one that visits us always has a bat!!! He is no ordinary santa for sure

I thought the drawing I had made was fun, so why not turn it into an embroidery. An embroidery that not only means something for me but tells part of a story. Here is the photo of santa that I based my artwork on.



As you can see, there is no "perfection" in my version (I am certain I broke all the "rules" for proper crewel embroidery), instead it's about telling a story, a memory of a santa that doesn't just give gifts without challenging you first!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, you'd better be good

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

What a great post!!