Monday, November 12, 2012

Open Needle Woven Picot

Last week I joined in TAST to try doing something with needle-woven picots. These are fun stitches, but I really haven't used them in projects too many times.
This whole little project is a little accident! Even the fabric was a painting experiment I never intended to use for a project. I was going to cover it with the picot stitches, so you couldn't see it. But after making a few rows, I thought it could work as a crown for a tree, so I put down a little scrap of fabric as a ground, and there I had a little tree!

Fun stitch, be sure to give a try. There surely are many more interesting applications!

2 comments:

Iceni UK said...

Emily, isn't it wonderful when an experiment with stitches comes together to make something so beautiful. The picot leaves look amazing on yout tree.
Isabell
x

Marjolein said...

This is really a nice fall tree.